A little off my normal ramblings about CityEngine, GIS and planning. However I’m sure I will have to come back to this again so here goes…
I have a Dell Vostro 3300 which had Windows 7 on it, I have recently upgraded to Windows 8 (I actually quite like it) and found that my fingerprint scanner software no longer works (but is detected, not found a solution to that yet) and the bluetooth module drivers had to be uninstalled as Windows 8 did not seem to recognise the hardware. The wifi was fine though.
After extensive searching, I discovered there has been a bluetooth windows 8 driver released for this particular bluetooth 365 module. But not by Dell…
Thanks goes to the people on this forum thread : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprohardware/thread/5526e50f-11e6-4f06-bfd4-a06e29419521
Two posts, one by T.Das777 and the other by jymclarke jumped out at me, so here is how I have got the bluetooth working on my Vostro 3300.
- Download and install the bluetooth driver from Lenovo here
- After install go to device manager and expand the Bluetooth heading.
- Right click on the Bluetooth device and click properties
- Click on the Drivers tab and click on the Update Driver…
- Use Windows Update to find the correct driver and it will automatically download and install the correct one.
- You can now uninstall the stuff Lenovo installed.