Okay this is a basic list to start with that I started on our company website Garsdale Design- Useful Mapping, I’m looking to expand it, so hopefully you readers can help here, if you know of any other Cumbria mapping sites or Cumbrian related datasets, could you perhaps share them via the comments section, or tweet me?
I’ve also started a group at ArcGIS.com called “Cumbria, UK ArcGIS Group“, please join it if you are interested!
Here’s what I have so far (you’ll notice most are local authorities) and I will be adding more to it:
- Allerdale Borough Council
- Barrow Borough Council
- Discover Cumbria (You can get Historic Environment Record Mapping here)
- Eden District Council (you can view planning applications on this)
- South Lakeland Online GIS(planning applications on a map for South Lakeland)
- South Lakeland Online GIS(Building Control applications on a map for South Lakeland)
- Yorkshire Dales National Park GIS(get mapping on Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings)
- YDNP Protected Trees
These sites although not Cumbria centric do hold data on Cumbria: